SHMC at RiverBend: Code Consulting
Dates of Service: 2004 – 2009
- This was a project that demonstrated Clair’s ability to be a key team member of a significant regional hospital relocation project.
- Clair was able to provide our services in a way that resulted in the project meeting each of the proposed project milestones.
- Our involvement allowed for the campus to receive the required certificates of occupancy on the original forecasted dates needed by the owner.
- Clair received positive feedback from all of the project stakeholders regarding all of the varied services provided.
Please see the portfolio page Sacred Heart Medical Center at RiverBend, Client: PeaceHealth to view scopes of work for this project that were provided to the Owner (Quality Assurance, Special Inspection and Materials Testing Services)
The Sacred Heart Medical Center is located at the RiverBend campus in Springfield, Oregon.
This greenfield project consisted of the construction of a state of the art hospital
campus, including an 800,000 SF, 500-bed hospital, 360,000 SF – six-story
OHVI, attached medical buildings, parking structures, free-standing central
utility plant and an off-street path system.
Clair supported PeaceHealth and the City of Springfield by providing turn-key code consulting solutions during the early stages of the project by reducing costly redesign and provide solutions through introduction of AM&Ms throughout the course of the project.
Please see the portfolio page Sacred Heart Medical Center at RiverBend, Client: City of Springfield to view scopes of work for this project that were provided to the City (building plan review, inspections, and project coordination)
Code Consulting and Pre-Planning Services
- Provided analysis to the owners regarding the statewide code change timing process. Buildings were initially designed under the UBC provisions. Clair was able to work with the owners, local jurisdiction, and project design professionals to provide a code comparison and propose the project utilizing the more updated IBC provisions as an AM&M approach for the project. This approach provided significant cost savings to the owners.
- During the pre-planning review, Clair was able to outline a streamlined process for the formal plan review, inspection, and project administration services to be provided during AHJ permitting activities.